Minergate Forum

Forum of the best Mining Pool ever.

Merged Mining - Q n A ?

Moderators: ikanunaki, Janika, Zhe, Ar1k88, Dossis, DanteSama, tykari

Jonathan

Merged Mining - Q n A ?

Postby Jonathan » Fri May 15, 2015 5:55 am

I read the description of merged mining in the FAQ and had a few questions:

1. is the merged mining function working in 5.01+ ? Mine seems unavailable while mining Bytecoins when it used to be...
2. If I choose merged mining while mining Bytecoins and choose FCN, am I supposed to also start mining the FCN or do I leave it turned off and just receive FCN as a byproduct?

I did try mining both coins and the miner warned me that using both CPUs on both miners would be a waste.

Thanks for the help and really enjoying Minergate.

MODChase

Re: Merged Mining - Q n A ?

Postby MODChase » Fri May 15, 2015 6:12 am

If you choose the max level or cores and try to mine both - the warning is there to tell you not to that. On coins that can be merged-mined, select the main coin your going for and then in the sme row youll see a dropdown for the None, FCN, or MCN. Choose one, and it utilizes the same number of cores you put toward the main coin.

#1 needs some discussion... I had issues in 5.0 with merged mining shutting offifit wasnt the active window, but I think it was error specific to being on the Ubuntu variant I was on... but not sure since I forgot to bring it up

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Fri May 15, 2015 9:42 pm

The merged mining drop down is not appearing as active in 5.01. It exists but is grayed out on my BCN and INF8 miners.

Win 7 Ultimate 64.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri May 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Merged mining disappearing bug will be fixed in 5.02 version.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 am

Since this comes up a lot, I thought I'd mention it:

If you are doing merged mining, you are basically getting a free bonus on the side. While I'm mining my Bytecoins, I am earning free Fantomcoins since it uses the same algorithm. They trade at totally different rates and you also earn a lot less of the fantoms, but they are still free for the taking....

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:15 am

So, if Fantomcoins trade currently at 1: 0.00002300 BTC and Bytecoins trade at 1:0.00000013 I have a question on the merged mining. Would we benefit from mining Fantoms and using the merged mining to Bytecoins - basically reverse the current situation. Would that make any difference?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:42 pm

No difference. But you can choose only fantomcoin or monetaverde as merged coin. Bytecoin can only be mined as main coin.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Any possibility we could mine Doge or DASH since those coins are much more popular and have better trading volumes than coins like DSH which is mostly delisted or gone?? Also - can either of those be merge mined with any other coins?

thanhtantran

Postby thanhtantran » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:18 am

I mined Monero merge with FantomCoin, Monero has confirmed block but FantomCoin still in unconfirmed. When the 2nd coin will be confirmed?

thanhtantran

Postby thanhtantran » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:38 am

Hello,

I mined XMR with FCN but the total mined of FCN still in unconfirmed. When the sidecoin of merge mining will be confirmed?

Return to “English Forum”