MinerGate announces its first official API contest!
Create your own piece of software basing on the API MinerGate’s developers have prepared for you. You can access the dataset here
. Show the crypto community your programming skills!
How to submit your entry:
(1) Send us the link to your entry by email email@example.com
(2) Submit a presentation in this Forum thread Important:
We want to stress that your presentation is as important as the project itself and your project will be judged by it, too. You will spend a lot of time on your software, so spare a couple of minutes describing what makes your project so special and why people should care about your creation. Tell us how amazing it is and why it is important for the community!Entries without presentation, however good, won't be reviewed!Prizes:
We will choose a winner and two runner-ups for the competition.
1st prize: 10 Bitcoins and an interview published in our blog
2nd prize: 2 Bitcoins and a pool fee discount
3rd prize: 1 BitcoinPeriod of the contest:
The competition will be held for 3 months from February 5th to May 5th
. We will announce the winners by the 10th of May. List of winners will be available in our blog
A team of MinerGate’s experts will be judging the entries based on these criteria:• Technical difficulty
• Usefulness of the entry
To participate in the contest, you should have a MinerGate account. If you don’t, you can join us now here
. Your entry should be fully functional and ready to use to be eligible for the contest. General rules:
• We strongly recommend making your submission in English. Other languages will also be accepted, although keep in mind that such entries will be extremely difficult to judge due to language complications.
• You can participate as an individual programmer or create a team. It’s great if you are a lone wolf genius but we encourage developers to work in teams as it may lead to finer results.
• The deadline for the challenge is May 5th, no entries submitted after the deadline will be accepted
• The work you submit should be originally made and mustn’t violate any intellectual rights
• Entries inappropriate in any way will be disqualified at MinerGate’s sole discretion.
• Employees of MinerGate are ineligible to participate in the contest.
If you don’t have any programming skills – don’t worry, you can participate by sharing the information about the contest on Twitter with #MinerGateApi hashtag. After the contest is finished, we’ll randomly choose a winner who’ll receive pool fee discount.Feel free to collaborate with other developers, ask any questions about the API and leave some feedback for us in this Forum thread.